![]() |
| yep, that's tinsel that we've still got up :) |
I will maybe revisit this blog this time next year and see how many (if any) that I've managed to get through. So this is a list of books I'd like to read, re-read or just finish reading, by this time next year...
- That big, beautiful old blue one in the photo - it's my Dad's copy of John G. Paton: Missionary to the New Hebrides. It's like two volumes in one and I finished reading the first when I was in Belgium, and haven't let myself get going on the second half yet.
- The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey was brilliant the first time round a few years ago
- Son of Hamas I bought ages ago and have never got around to starting
- Mormonism: A Gold Plated Religion, was fascinating up to where I got to!
- The Cross of Christ by John Stott, I bought when I was about 15 having been told how brilliant it was, started reading and decided it was too hard, and haven't been able to overcome that decision since.
- Helen Roseveare's autobiographies - Give Me This Mountain, Living Faith, Living Holiness, Living Sacrifice and Living Fellowship, they're the ones I have anyway maybe there are more? Four out of five of them were given to me super kindly by some friends.
- A Call to Spiritual Reformation by Don Carson, we started on girls reading week last year but I wasn't really feeling it at the time... could be ready to have another bash at it this year though.
- Seven Years in Tibet, sounds like an amazing story but I started reading it and it wasn't very easy to get into so I gave up.
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, was absolutely amazing. I've ordered it with some Christmas money and it should arrive soon, I can't wait to re-read it, and would love to get into some of her other books too as I've heard they're all good, but I've only read that one.
- Mirror, mirror by Graham Beynon - I have already started re-reading.
- Spurgeon: The Early Years, is my Dad's too and having had it for about 18 months, feel like it's long overdue. Need to get cracking on it!
- The Colour Purple - I've heard it's a classic but I have no idea what it's about or anything.
- To Kill A Mockingbird, we studied for GCSE English but I don't think I probably appreciated it at the time.
There are probably others I've forgotten about but that's a fair old list so that should do...




Sounds like some cool reading coming up!
ReplyDeleteWhich version of the John Paton autobiography have you got? And is the English quite out of date? I fancy reading it sometime soon, but I'd rather get a version with up to date language...
Thanks, Tim
Hey Tim! Apparently it was printed in 1891 (I had to get that converted from roman numerals lol!) It's his original autobiography in two parts and editted by his brother James Paton. Printed by Hodder & Stoughton... the language is pretty old school but easy enough to get along with I've found. :) Definitely recommend it, or anything about him. Piper has done a biography talk that's briiiilliant available on desiringgod. :)
ReplyDelete