Sunday, 11 July 2010

Bullet Point Update

To avoid waffle, here is my life of late in easy-to-manage bullet points:
  • I have a job teaching English to four spanish boys aged 15-16, they're lovely and will be so chuffed and mocking me tomorrow having just won the world cup. Finishes 22nd July.
  • I am quite enjoying said job although am veeeery tired.
  • Got to go to Shaldon Zoo and Kent's Cavern on said job, love it!
  • Went to see Eclipse yesterday and LOVED it, although am still undecided about favourite of the three so far.
  • Bought DVDs with birthday HMV voucher of Persuasion (Jane Austen) and The Young Victoria, both of which are beautiful and made me cry.
  • Trying to get going on some dissertation research by reading 'Shake Hands With The Devil' by Lieutenant General Roméop Dallaire who was head of the UN peacekeeping force sent to Rwanda, and who nobody believed about the genocide, and 'We wish to inform you that tomorrow we will be killed with our families' by Philip Gourevitch. Trying to pluck up the courage to start reading.
  • Went to Billinghay last weekend where we I spent the most part of my childhood until I was about 14, it was lovely to see old friends but am always reminded when there of how life changes, and you can't go back to the way things used to be!
  • Have ordered with birthday money again, a sewing machine and a tent. :D
  • Also bought my first ever proper bottle of expensive-ish perfume with birthday money: Anna Sui: Flight of Fancy, and it is gorgeous. :)
  • Just found out that Erasmus are going to give me and extra €1400 for my placement year. Big answer to prayer meaning I can go back to uni debt-free! :) (Well, apart from the £20k I will be oweing the government by the time I'm done! :P)
Woop! If you want to, you could give me a bullet point update of your life either in the comments, or on your own blog! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Love the easy to manage bullet points, and so glad to hear of the neat things going on with you now! :) I saw Eclipse last week too, and wasn't too crazy I guess. Except the bedroom scene, when for 1 min Edward advocates courthip and abstinence. LOVED that, haha.

    Praise God for the placement year provision! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete