Sunday, 16 August 2009

Wedding Number 3


The last wedding of the summer for me. Been and gone!
Friday 14th August 2009 - Jason and Abi got married near Dewsbury in West Yorkshire.

I had a bit of a faff with getting there... went via Preston which was great to see some uni friends again for the last time before heading of to Belgium in a couple of weeks time. Me and Sarah managed to stay up chatting until 5am... unintentionally! Then yeah... taxi company just dropped me at the wrong church about 5 minutes before it started... but amazingly, God provided a loooooovely lady in a park who rang her husband and he drove me to the right church, and even though I thought I was going to be late... Abi was late... so I whipped in just in time! Phew!

So yeah.. it was a really lovely day. Weird.. again... seeing a friend my OWN age getting married. (Jason's family and mine have known each other for ages.) and it was great to catch up with some friends I've not seen in several years! The service was really lovely, it's great when the focus is on Christ, rather than just the couple. The reception was great too... met some new people and ate good food... the speeches were absolutely HILARIOUS.... to quote...

"It's lovely to see Abi's family and friends here, and Jason's... family..."

"It was on my sixteenth birthday that I really started to worry about finding a wife"
That'll do... I can't do them justice. But I love wedding speeches anyway... and I enjoyed the ones here immensley. :) And then there was a ceilidh! What more could you ask for? Good Christian fun :)

Then... very kindly... my good friend Nathan let me tag along home with him for somewhere to stay the night... although it wasn't exactly home... we went to his sister's in york. Which was really nice :) and I now want a hamster by the way. And we hung out for a bit in York, sadly Sarah couldn't make it... but we had a good time eating.... shopping... drinking milkshakes in the sun... and posing outside all of the great historical monuments in York... well... the minster. And that can be seen in all it's nasal-angled glory on facebook lol!

Then a 6 hour train journey home... and here I am. Blogging in the sunshine. WOOP! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment