So a lot of my time this week has been taken up trying to do work for uni. 4th December has crept up on me and all of a sudden I have to WRITE again. Ahh.
Two pieces of work I have to give in. The first: a report, in french, on my first semester here. Only 750 words, but in another language makes life slightly harder. It's quite good though because I can explain about IFES and the GBU and what I'm doing here, as well as talking about how life is going living in another language and culture. So not too bad really.. and my tutors will HAVE to read it. :P
The other one is the beast though. Dissertation. Who'd have thought I was old enough to have to be thinking about doing a dissertation?! I have to submit a proposal of what I want to do... I'm just slightly confused over whether it has to be the actual question I'm going to do, or just vaguely the area... I'd rather the second option as I have no idea how to narrow it down to a specific, answerable, question.
What I want to look at is reconciliation and rehabilitation in post-genocide Rwanda. Rwanda is a former French/Belgian colony and French is one of its two official languages, hence why I am able to do it for a French dissertation. (Although I don't actually have to write it in French...!)
Anyhow so that's mainly what I'm up to this week, around GBU groups and team meetings and things. There's going to be another GBU prayer meeting on Sunday night too, it would be great if you could pray that people will come. And that me and Lucy will lead/do our bits well. I'm going to be sharing about the student movement CSC in Moldova, that I visited in Summer 2008 (in french).
When work is out of the way... I'll get cracking on this months prayer letter.
Thanks! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hi Miriam, my name is Jen. I found your blog because we have Jane Austen in common, but I found we had alot more! :) Christianity being the best.
ReplyDeleteI read your post about the creepy-diet-patrol guys on the metro--oh my goodness. You had a wonderful attitude about it though. :)
Just stopping to say hello--hope you have a blessed day!
i love you miriam ford!!! wish i could be there to spur you on (distract you) through your all nighter that i sense is going on tonight...?
ReplyDeleteim praying for you sister!!
cant wait to come out for the whole brussels experience and see things firsthand rather than just through your bloglette and prayer letters!
missing you! x x x